The Congress will feature an Educational Session organized by R. Jason Stafford, prior to the kickoff of the meeting, which will focus on image-guided thermal ablation will be offered on April 12, 2016 from 8am -3pm.
5.5 CME credits will be available to participants.
An additional registration fee of 75USD is required to participate. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Entrance to the Educational Session can be purchased via the ICHO online registration portal.
- Image-Guided Tumor Ablation:
- Fire & Ice – What’s hot and what’s not
- Experts in the field of tumor ablation will be outlining current concepts, devices, physical principles and biological rationale for therapy and associated systemic effects.
- Upon completion of this Educational Session, Participants should be able to:
- 1. Identify the major physical principles which underlie ablative technology for cancer therapy
- 2. Recognize categories of thermal ablation procedures and equipment needed for delivery
- 3. Identify clinical opportunities in which thermal ablation is resulting in beneficial outcomes
- 4. Identify immunological and other biological changes associated with clinical benefit of ablative protocols
- 5. Recognize physical and biological differences between cryo-ablation and ablative technologies that depend upon heat.
Educational Session Schedule and Speakers:
8:30 AM - 9:15 AM: Biological Concepts in Thermal Biology
8:20AM - 8:30AM: Questions from audience
and Dosimetry for Ablation
with Robert Griffin
9:15AM - 9:30AM: Questions from audience
9:30 AM - 10:15AM: Immune Adjuvant Activity of
Radiofrequency Ablation with Sharon Evans
10:30 AM - COFFEE BREAK
10:15AM - 10:30AM: Questions from audience
11:00 AM - 11:20AM: Physical Mechanisms of Ablation
Delivery and Devices with R. Jason Stafford
11:30 AM - 11:50AM: Overview of Clinical Cryoablation with Aradhana Venkatasen
11:20AM - 11:30AM: Questions from Audience
12:00 PM - Lunch - Box lunch as part of registration or on own
11:50AM - 12:00PM: Questions from Audience
1:00PM - 1:45PM: Advances and Opportunities in Radiofrequency
& Microwave Ablation with Muneeb Ahmed
2:00PM - 2:20PM: Clinical Applications of Laser Ablation with David Woodrum
1:45PM - 2:00PM: Questions from audience
2:30PM - 2:50PM: Progress in High Intensity Ultrasound Ablation with Mark Hurwitz
2:20PM - 2:30PM: Questions from Audience
3:00PM – Adjourn
2:50PM - 3:00PM: Questions from audience